Thursday, May 18, 2017

Catching up on Tot School


It's been a while since I've written an update on Tot School, but we have been doing it! Here's a very quick run down.  (If I could figure out how to get my pictures from my phone onto iPhoto efficiently I would do more..) 


 Easter week was super fun, we played with Easter eggs pretty much every day, and added various things to them.  We had an Easter Egg sticky wall also, she really enjoys sticky walls! I don't have a picture but she added some Bunny stickers to the wall too. I also found the word Easter in a gel cling pack, and she played with those gel letters for weeks.  I will have to keep an eye out for more gel clings, obviously these are a thing she likes!




Bugs and birds week was also super fun....Sky enjoyed saving the birds and bugs (and other objects) from the spider web laundry basket. (This would have been cooler if I had the patience to tie up more string but even this was a lot of work.)








The letter that week was I (for Insect) and we finally had a nice weather day so we had an ice sensory bin.  She loved this and played with it for a long time.  She liked to say "ooo" when she pulled the ice out.









I made what turned into dirt dessert for a fun insect sensory bin...it was supposed to be rubber worms and mud...but any sensory bin we do has to be edible, or at least not toxic, (have I mentioned we still put everything in our mouth?)...so I used chocolate pudding and gummy worms. I went a little crazy and added some crushed up oreos and graham crackers as well, to make it look more like dirt.  This girl loves sensory bins, and this one was especially tasty! In fact, we do a sensory bin of some sort pretty much every week...and if it's not toys, it turns into snack time, every time.  Which is fine, taste is a sense too right? :)





 During All About Me week, we "painted" with "toothpaste"(plain yogurt swirled with blue food coloring) and a toothbrush. A very fun but very messy activity.  Dada wanted to know why Sky's hair was blue and crusty that evening. The letter that week was C so we colored with chalk. Well, I colored, Sky liked to erase.



During gardening week, we played with toy fruits and veggies quite a bit...in the top picture we had a "garden" of crushed chocolate graham crackers.  The bottom pic was just fruits and veggies and water.  We talked a lot about how vegetables and fruits grow, and how we have to water them.  We planted a real garden too, but, like I mentioned, I have picture transfer problems.  We planted strawberries, cucumbers, (both already planted in biodegradable pots), carrots, and zucchini, (by planting seeds in soil).  We are looking forward to trying our foods when it's time to harvest!

This week we're taking a break from Tot School, as life is too crazy. (Honestly, I didn't have much time for planning/preparing this week's lesson, and I didn't have very many activities planned, so I decided to just skip it.) I'm excited for the weeks to come though...we have some fun themes planned! Stay tuned for Things That Go, Music and Art, and a Summer/Camping week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment